Petition to UNESCO - Against Discrimination of Macedonian Language

Аleksandra Krstevska
Gostin

/ #347 Macedonian Language

2010-11-24 12:34

I don't understand how does a language and a country that has always been named MACEDONIA and MACEDONIAN suddenly becomes a top issue for a debate???
During Yugoslavia nobody had any objections while this country and it's language was still called the same - MACEDONIA/N, but the difference was that it was part of a Confederation of countries (just like USA)
Now when this country is on it's own, alone and weaker than for Greece it becomes a problem. Nevertheless the basic rule of hypocrisy and survival of the fittest applies in this situation as in many before during history.
I am Macedonian and I speak Macedonian Language, but you see this is the way many generations are raised in my country.
If Greece wanted "justice" they shouldn't had let Yugoslavia name one of the confederate countries Macedonia (but you see than Yugoslavia was big enough to fight for this). Also the memories of the Southern Macedonia refugees from the Civil War were still fragile and Greece knew they couldn't do this than.... nowadays when the things are much different being greedy is only part of who we are - human.